Another June sales chart from Hyang Music:
Hyang Chart – 4th week of June, 2011
1. Chang Kiha & The Faces – 장기하와 얼굴들
2. Huckleberry Finn – 까만 타이거
3. Dear Cloud – Bright Lights
4. The KOXX – Access OK
5. Taru – 100 Percent Reality
6. Boohwal – Color (re-issue)
7. Telefly – Ultimate Psychedelic
8. Mongoose – Cosmic Dancer
9. Biuret – Goodbye
10. Thomas Cook – Journey
The new k-indie oriented additions to the TOP100 list were the following:
20. Broken Valentine – Answer Me!! Is This What You Need??
24. Serengeti – Colors Of Love
45. Choi Go Eun – 36.5ºc (re-issue)
60. Ryu, Hwa – Think Lightly!
61. Poe – Burnout
64. Shoon – 하나도 안 괜찮아요
68. TearDrop – 바라다: Wish
75. Navizam – 노래는 우리 편
88. Lempicka – Perfume
91. Sahon – 10 Years In The Battlefield
Nu-metal band TearDrop released first full length album 바라다: Wish on June 23. The band first relesed a self-titled EP in 2006 and returned with single Die To Live in March this year. Both original and English version of that song can be found on the new album as well. Check out this more than 12 minutes long album sampler or visit the band’s YouTube channel to hear more from them.
Atmospheric rock act Lempicka returned with another self-released album, Perfume, on June 17. Hyang Music offers samples for every track on the album, and it seems there’s more of the eerie post-rock-ish goodness offered last time to be found here.
Veteran trash metal band Sahon released fourth full length album 10 Years In The Battlefield on June 23. As the title indicates the band is now celebrating a decades worth of activity so in addition to eight new songs the album also comes with new recordings of first album opening track F.O.T (Fallacy Of Truth); second album song Mind Control; The Feeble Mourning EP’s Satan Loves Me; and third album song Pay Back.