Not quite the summery set of songs I would usually expect from a chart this time of the year, but then Korean indie music is rarely as seasonal as the pop world. Here’s the latest indie music chart offered by Bugs:
Bugs Indie TOP10 – July 9, 2011
1. 10cm – 사랑은 은하수 다방에서 [Music Travel Lalala]
2. Chang Kiha & The Faces – 그렇고 그런 사이 [MV]
3. 10cm – 아메리카노 [recandplay.net]
4. Began Who – 사랑여행 [MV]
5. 10cm – 죽겠네 (Album ver.) [Sketchbook]
6. Taru – 여기서 끝내자 (duet with Zitten) [MV]
7. Chang Kiha & The Faces – TV를 봤네 [MV]
8. deb – 소녀여 기타를 잡아라
9. 10cm – 그게 아니고 [@ M Soundplex]
10. Chang Kiha & The Faces – 뭘 그렇게 놀래
The new additions to the TOP100 list are the following:
20. Tacopy – 렛 잇 레인 (Let It Rain) [MV]
32. Witches – 달링 [MV]
39. GLEE – Oh! Sad Luv
46. deb – 멋진 인생
47. deb – 내 이름을 불러줘
62. Rumeda – Can Sorry!
79. Tacopy – 술이 문제야
97. Tacopy – 베이비스타 (Baby Star)
Modern rock band Glee participated with the song Let’s Together on the Be The Reds, Go Devils compilation last year and on July 6 the two members returned with their first digital single Oh Sad Luv, featuring 3 versions of the song with the same name. If the album info is to be trusted the vocalist, who also doubles as bassist, has a rich and colorful voice. It also seems like the other half of the male duo has been a session drummer for slightly visual kei inspired bands such as EVE and Nemesis. Check out the Glee YouTube channel to hear what they sound like live.
New “indie electronic” artist Rumeda released her first EP, Can sorry, on July 7. The title track is supposed to be an acoustic drum ‘n’ bass production.