Apollo 18 only have two more shows to play before wrapping up their first US tour and heading back home:
– March 26: Tulsa, OK @ The Eclipse
– March 27: Fort Worth, TX @ 1919 Hemphill
Following some hard work many of their shows got a bit of promotion by local outlets before they got there, being called things such as “atmospheric-indie heartthrobs” and “the Metallica of South Korea. Here are some I haven’t posted before:
– Dallas: Concert preview: Apollo 18 / Brainstorm / Pearl and the Beard at Doublewide in Dallas
– SXZT: Food + Drink: Zhi Tea Throws SXSW Day Party This Thursday
– San Antonio: Jim Beal Jr.: SXSW bubbles over to S.A. clubs
– Memphis: Korean experimental rock band Apollo 18 to perform at Stash House March 25th
More are likely on the way, but here is one article from somebody that got to see Apollo 18 in action: Best new bands, and shows that weren’t very memorable:SXSW 2011. Photos here and here.
And while many of Apollo 18’s shows in Hongdae are recorded by fans and put on YouTube, the same is unfortunately not the case in the US. However the editor of Hellbound did shoot a few videos when the guys where playing Cheer Up Charlie’s their last day in Austin: Iridescent Clouds : Trampoline : Discusting
A couple of days ago KoME finally published their pre-US tour interview with the band: 18 Questions for Apollo 18
As you may recall, plenty of other interviews were published prior to Apollo 18’s touring taking off. Since it’s weekend and you may be looking for some weekend reading, here’s a collection of those links:
– Indieful ROK: Mini Interview with Apollo 18
– Groove Korea: Korean Rockers Aim to Thrill SXSW
– Alternative Revolt Magazine: Out Of Bounds [International Artists] Apollo 18 (pg. 40-41)
– wakesidevision: Apollo 18 (아폴로 18) Pre-SXSW Interview
– McRoth’s Residence: McRoth’s Residence Interview with Apollo 18 – Part 1 – Part 2 – Part 3
– allkpop: allkpop x Apollo 18 Exclusive! Giveaway + Interview + Video Greeting
– K-RoK Rocks!!!: K-Rok Rocks!!! Exclusive Interview: Apollo 18.
Some nice write-ups, and that US tour promo video is great!