It’s been little over a week since I last took the time to share some of the links I’ve found particularly noteworthy, as far as Korean indie music goes. So in an attempt to catch up, here they are!
Chris Park continues to offer one interesting review after the other over at wakesidevision:
– Bluedawn – Self-Titled
– Lucid Fall – Les Miserables Review
– Naru – 1집 자가당착 Review
– Violetone – 너를 부르다 Review
– We Got Underwear And Lots Of Girls – 사랑의 유람선 Review
– Yozoh (요조) – Vol. 1 – Traveler Review
Chris Park also reviewed the Espionne produced solo album from Elena: Elena – Say Hello To Every Summer Review.
Can’t really say I agree with him on that one, especially not considering I named it the best Korean album of 2006, so I thought I’d take this opportunity to encourage you to have a listen yourself – both 물빛의 여름 and 입맞춤의 스윙 from the album are up for streaming at MySpace!
If you, like myself, have been curious to learn more about 9 and the Numbers, wassereis is of great help as she’s translated a lengthy interview with 9 himself: Mintpaper’s 9 and the Numbers Interview.
In other recent release updates from wassereis, over at Violet Sweets:
– EZ Hyoung has a mini album called 봄의 기적 coming out on February 23: [EZ Hyung] New Minialbum
– And now that they’re back to being a duo, it seems Zitten has written a whole bunch of new songs: [Zitten] New Album in March
During the week, I’ve also come across a blog called Luminosity – Blog for Underrateds, written by the same Mardi09 that does the Under The Radar features at Soompi. Although the primary focus appears to be on lesser known kpop acts, there’s a couple of recent profiles on artists occasionally mentioned around here:
– [Profile] The Apop
– [Profile] ZY (Zooropa Yellow)