Catching up on Bugs’ Indie music chart, one week at a time.
Bugs Indie TOP10 – May 6, 2010
1. 10cm – Good Night [@ Veloso]
2. Daybreak – 팝콘 [live]
3. Phonebooth – 별빛에 젖어 [MV]
4. Vanila City – I’ll Be On Your Side [MV]
5. Melancholy Studio – Melancholy Studio [live]
6. Delispice – 고백 [MV]
7. 10cm – 오늘 밤은 어둠이 무서워요 [recandplay]
8. Broccoli, you too? – 앵콜요청금지 [@ MBC nanjang]
9. 초면 – 초면 (band version)
10. 10cm – 새벽4시 [@ Veloso]
The new additions to the TOP100 list were the following:
13. Han Hee Jung – 오늘은 휴일입니다
14. Lala Sweet – Good Bye
18. Dalmoon – 구제불능
19. Autumn Vacation – 취미는 사랑 [@ Welcomm Theater]
20. Earip – 우리집 싱어
21. Joa Band – 유통기한
22. Oh Ji Eun – 겨울아침
23. Lee Neung Ryong – 끝없는 이야기 (with Lim Ju Yeon)
24. Serengeti – 하쿠나마타타 [@ SSam]
26. Hapoom – 어디로 갈까 [@ Afternoon Stage]
27. Naru – 무지개
28. Lonely H’s Band – 고향에 살어리랏다
29. Neons – 달빛 스쿠터
31. Moonlight Nymph – 주성치와 함께라면
33. Galaxy Express – 진짜 너를 원해 [MV]
39. The Breeze – 뭐라할까! [MV]
96. Wiretap In My Ear – Cry (Orchestral Ver.) [original version MV]
The third Mintpaper compilation, LIFE, left a big imprint on the Bugs chart a couple of weeks ago, following its release on May 4. Fifteen of the sixteen tracks on the album can be found in the lists above – my guess is that the missing one, Sung Jinhwan‘s 포근해, simply wasn’t categorized as “indi” because of his popularity in vocal group Sweet Sorrow. More on the compilation can be found at Violet Sweets. From most recent to last: update 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
Male duo Hapoom released its first digital single, 어디로 갈까, on May 4. They have a modern rock sound going and appear to have gotten started only this year. The title track has been linked above, and YouTube also has a clip from the same live session when single B-side 같은 마음으로 is performed.
Galaxy Express‘s 30 day album recording project, as chronicled on the Galaxy Express Wild 30 blog, led up to the release of the rock’n’roll band’s second full length album, Wild Days, on May 6. 20 tracks made it to the album, there among the glorious noraebang version of Jungle the black, a Shing Joong Hyun cover, and a tribute to fantastic fried chicken joint Reggae Chicken.
Soft rock band The Breeze became fairly popular in 2004 as their 뭐라할까 from second album Counterblow was featured in movie Romance Of Their Own (늑대의 유혹). The album has been out of print for some time, but April 26 it got a digital re-release.
Another song from 2004 that suddenly made it to the chart comes from Wiretap In My Ear’s second full length album, Prana. After this album the band itself started going by Prana