The Hyang Music Album Chart for the fourth week of January, published earlier this week, offered the return of two old releases.
1. Monkeyz – First Cry (new)
2. Lucid Fall – 아름다운 날들 (-1)
3. Idiotape – 11111101 (-)
4. Lamb of God – Resolution (new)
5. Apollo 18 – The Black Album (-3)
6. IU – Last Fantasy (-)
7. M83 – Hurry Up We’re Dreaming (-3)
8. Zitten – 백야 (-3)
9. Nightwish – Imaginaerum (-2)
10. Lee Young Hoon – 내가 부른 그림 (+2)
In addition to Monkeyz at the very top with their debut EP, another few indie related releases were added to the chart.
24. NY Mulgoki – Arrogant Graffiti
48. Sentimental Scenery – There Is Nowhere Else In The World
52. Ju Yoon Ha – On The Way Home
69. Super Kidd – Feel Good
87. Bamseom Pirates/Ankle Attack – The Split
96. Sister’s Barbershop – 가장 보통의 존재
The first four have been covered here before, whereas the bottom two are both older releases. 가장 보통의 존재 is the fifth full-length album from Sister’s Barbershop, released in 2008 and winning them Album of the Year at KMA2009.
As for The Split it came out in April last year. Noise rockers Bamseom Pirates had released an EP prior but it was the first (and so far only) official release with material from post-punkish band Ankle Attack. Here’s a performance of “Tuna”–one of the three Ankle Attack songs included on the split album–at Lowrise end of last year:
Source: Hyang Music