Plenty of changes in the top of Hyang Music‘s album sales chart end of March as it was almost completely overtaken by new releases – though why exactly one of them made it there twice I have yet to figure out.
Hyang Chart – 4th week of Mars, 2011
1. Mimi Sisters – 미안하지만… 이건 전설이 될 거야
2. 10cm – 1.0
3. Look & Listen/The Freaks – Wake Up/꿈이냐
4. Green Day – Awesome As F**k
5. Chang Kiha & The Faces – 별일 없이 산다 (LP)
6. Look & Listen/The Freaks – Wake Up/꿈이냐
7. Strokes – Angles
8. Savina & Drones – Gayo
9. Hyunjhin Baik – Basis of Planck Time
10. Whitesnake – Forevermore
The new k-indie oriented additions to the TOP100 list were the following:
28. Paryumchiakdan – 와인의 밤
50. Ryu, Hwa – Think Lightly!
77. Wings of the I Sang – 상실의 시대
See the full top 100 list here.
Ryu Hwa had her first EP, Think Lightly!, released on January 23, but it was not until end of March that it was stocked by Hyang Music. Her music is marketed as psychedelic rock, British indie rock, and C-86 style. Check out the music video for EP track 지탱해 here.
Named after legendary poet Yi Sang and his famous short story The Wings, Wings of the I Sang debuted with the release of EP 상실의 시대 – named after a Yi Sang poem – in March. The digital edition has been out since March 17 whereas the CD release came a week later on March 24. I think they go for some kind of sentimental pop/rock sound.